Supports RS-422 Full Duplex and RS-485 Half Duplex modes. If you need RS-485 Full Duplex, please get the USB-COMi-M model.
This USB Serial Adapter is designed to make serial port expansion quick and simple. Connecting to a USB port on your computer or USB hub, this USB Serial Adapter instantly adds a RS422/RS485 serial communication port to your system with easy plug-and-play and hot-plug features.
Plugging the USB Serial Adapter into the USB port, the adapter is automatically detected and installed. There is no IRQ & COM port conflicts, since the port doesn't require any additional IRQ, DMA or memory on the system. The RS-422/485 serial port functions as a native Windows COM port, and it is compatible with Windows serial communication applications.
This USB Serial Adapter provides instant connectivity to any RS-422 or RS-485 communication device.
Specifications & Features:
- Adds a high speed RS-422/RS-485 serial port via a USB 1.1 or 2.0 connection
- 384 byte receive buffer.
- 128 byte transmit buffer for high speed data throughput.
- Requires no IRQ, DMA or I/O port.
- Data rate speed range: 300 bps to 921,600 bps
- Serial Connector: DB-9 male connector
- RS-422 data signals: Tx-, Tx+, Rx+, Rx-, GND, RTS-, RTS+, CTS+, CTS-.
- RS-485 data signals: Tx-, Tx+, Rx+, Rx- (4 wire), and data-, data+ (2 wire).
- Uses an FTDI brand chipset
The USB-COM series items support Windows 98, ME, 2000, XP, Win 7, Apple MAC OS8 or higher, Linux 2.4.0 and later, OpenBSD 2.9 and later & FreeBSD 4.7 and later. Drivers for the Windows operating systems are included on a CD-ROM disc. The latest versions of the Windows drivers as well as the drivers for Apple OS8/OS9/OSX, & Windows CE.NET (version 4.2 or greater) can be downloaded from http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm.
Signal Pinout information:
RS-422 Signal Pin-outs of the DB-9 Male connector:
Pin 1: Tx-(A), Pin 2: Tx+(B), Pin 3: Rx+(B), Pin 4: Rx-(A), Pin 5: GND, Pin 6: RTS-(A), Pin 7: RTS+(B), Pin 8: CTS+(B), Pin 9: CTS-(A)
RS-485 2-Wire (Half Duplex) Signal Pin-outs of DB-9 Male connector:
Pin 1: Data-(A), Pin 2: Data+(B), Pin 5: GND
- USB to RS422/RS485 serial adapter
- 3-foot USB cable
- CD-ROM disc with drivers
- User's Manual