New Revised RoHS-Compliant Design (Rev C1)
The USB-I2C/IO interface board provides a simple, "drop-in", solution for customers that need to connect hardware to a PC. The new Rev. C1 board provides up to 32 bits of user-configurable digital I/O, an I2C/SMBUS interface with a configurable clock (100Kbps, 400Kbps, 1Mbps, etc.), and more.
- 12Mbps USB 2.0 interface (full-speed device) to host P.C.
- Silicon Labs C8051F340 micro-controller (48Mhz, 63KB flash, 4KB sram, USB, I2C/SMBUS, SPI, etc.).
- Up to 32 bits of user configurable, general purpose digital I/O via commonly available 0.1" spacing connectors.
- I2C/SMBUS multi-channel interface supporting configurable clock speeds, onboard 16KB I2C eeprom (fully available to user, and on it's own I2C bus segment for isolation), 5 pin connectors for attaching external I2C hardware.
- USB Status LED, lights on enumeration, blinks to indicate USB traffic, off when suspended.
- Error LED, indicates when the board's firmware has detected an error, error can be read and cleared via API.
- Small form factor (3.0" X 2.25") with 0.125" mounting holes in corners.
- Downloadable board firmware, simplifies updates and allows for code customization.
- Included API (applications programming interface) software implemented as Windows DLL in C, gets your application up and running fast!
- USB to I2C/SMBUS bridge for interfacing to a wide variety of I2C/SMBUS components.
- USB to general purpose digital I/O bridge for interfacing to switches, LEDs, and other hardware.
- Can be used as low cost prototype hardware for developing your own Silicon Labs C8051F340 micro projects.
- Test fixture interface.
- Rapid prototyping interface.
- Data Acquisition.
The full-speed USB interface provides your application hardware with a "Hot Plug and Play", 12Mbps, industry standard connection to your P.C. host.
- Utilizes Silicon Labs C8051F340 USB micro-controller.
- Power configuration jumper allows board to be powered by USB or by external circuitry.
- I2C power configuration jumper allow I2C bus to be powered by variety of sources (+5V, +3.3V, External voltage).
- Debug Connector footprint provides for using board as low cost development hardware for your own C8051F340 projects.
- Eeprom Write Protect jumper provides protection from accidental onboard eeprom erasure.
Click this link to view the schematic (or right click and choose "save" to download a copy of the pdf to your computer).
The included device driver, dll, and example application software make it easier than ever to access your application hardware from your PC.
The software provides support for connection of multiple boards, making the USB-I2C/IO a great solution when multiple equipment instances are required (test fixtures, production equipment, instruments, etc.). Each board can be uniquely identified and accessed by your application software via a serial number.
Click this link for drivers, dll, demo and example applications, and the API User's Guide pdf.