USB Flash Drives / Thumb Drives / Memory Sticks have become the default way to carry and transfer data, but until now there hasn’t been a way to connect them to the many devices that don’t have a USB port including mobile phones, cameras, tablets, PDAs, GPS devices and more. Elan's Mobidapter enables connection via an SD slot so that you can transfer your files anywhere - without a PC!
- Transfer images, music and data between phones
- Share files instantly, wherever you are
- Take backups of device data without a PC
- Capture or transfer data when other methods aren’t working
- The Mobidapter can be used with many other devices, such as tablets, TV's, PDA's, GPS devices, cameras, and digital picture frames
- For mobile/cell phones, smartphones, tablets or PDAs - any model with an external SD socket
- Micro-SD connector. Can be used with mini-SD and full size SD via simple adapter.
- SD and SDHC hosts supported.
- Standard USB host connector for USB memory device
- USB drives supported up to the maximum capacity of the host PDA or phone. (Limited by the SDHC specification to maximum 32GB)
- No drivers required - simply connect your USB drive to the Mobidapter and plug in to use
- Works in all operating systems
Important Mobidapter User Notes
- A micro-SD card doesn’t have a 3-inch extension (like the Mobidapter) that can apply considerable leverage on the inside of your micro-SD port or SD adapter card. To avoid damaging your SD port, put the USB drive into the Mobidapter before putting the Mobidapter into the SD port, and take care not to apply force to the Mobidapter while you are transferring data.
- Please keep in mind that you remove an SD or micro-SD card from its port by pushing in to release it. So don’t try to pull the Mobidapter out of the SD port when you are done. Push in gently to release the tip of the Mobidapter.
Linked reviews and applications
Mobidapter review at Independent Technology News and Reviews
Mobidapter review at All About Symbian
Mobidapter applications at Realwire